Cellular and Physiological Sciences
Your work experience will take the form of four consecutive 4-month work placements at a variety of different organizations in Canada and potentially internationally. You will begin your internship after completing your third academic year. You must complete three work terms in order to receive a co-op designation on your transcript. Students in this program have the option of completing a fourth work term.
To apply to the Cellular and Physiological Sciences Co-op Program, you must be a full-time, third year student enrolled in the Cellular and Physiological Sciences program at UBC.
Department site: www.cellphys.ubc.ca
Work Term Schedule
|1||Study Term 1||Study Term 2||-|
|2||Study Term 3||Study Term 4||-|
|3||Study Term 5||Study Term 6||Work Term 1|
|4||Work Term 2||Work Term 3||Work Term 4|
|5||Study Term 7||Study Term 8||-|
This highly recommended schedule enables students to complete their program within the shortest time frame. Alternate scheduling is available in consultation with your coordinator.
- Have around B- average
- Be enrolled at UBC as a full-time student in good academic standing in mathematics, english and the sciences
- Demonstrate good communication skills, a responsible, mature attitude
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork and time management
- Demonstrate interest in their chosen field
- Be flexible and willing to accept a work placement outside the Lower Mainland