Science Co-op For
Your work experience will take the form of four consecutive four-month work placements at a variety of different organizations in Canada and potentially internationally. You will begin your internship after completing your third academic year. You must complete all four work terms in order to receive a co-op designation on your transcript.
If you wish to apply, you must be a third-year student enrolled in the UBC Pharmacology Program.
Department site: www.pharmacology.ubc.ca
Work Term Schedule
|1||Study Term 1||Study Term 2||-|
|2||Study Term 3||Study Term 4||-|
|3||Study Term 5||Study Term 6||Work Term 1|
|4||Work Term 2||Work Term 3||Work Term 4|
|5||Study Term 7||Study Term 8||-|
The above schedule is highly recommended by the Co-op Program in order for students to complete their program within the shortest time frame. Alternate schedule is available in consultation with your Co-op Coordinator.
Sample Jobs and Companies
Assay Development and Screening - Amgen
Ocular Researcher - QLT Inc.
Merck Frosst Center for Therapeutic Research
St. Paul's Hopsital
- Have around B- average
- Be a full-time UBC student in good academic standing in mathematics, english and the sciences
- Demonstrate good communication skills, a responsible, mature attitude
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork and time management
- Demonstrate interest in their chosen field
- Be flexible and willing to accept a work placement outside the Lower Mainland